*APPLICATION DUE DATE EXTENDED*
4TH ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOLARSHIP WORK STUDY PROGRAM
JULY 10, 2017 – AUGUST 12, 2017
Level: Beginning – Advanced
Guaranteed Days Off: Friday & Sunday
How Many: We are looking to scholarship 3-6 dancers
Today, Thursday May 18th, we are formally announcing our 4th Annual Summer Scholarship Work Study Program. We created this program based on our desire to further cultivate and nurture our Teen/Adult Program, while continuing to build a strong dance community. If selected, you will receive the best and most relevant training in this area, create and build relationships, and be given a platform to explore your individual artistry.
During the summer we offer a 5-week session of classes (July 10 – August 12). If selected for this program, you will be required to take a minimum of 5 classes/week, but you will have the opportunity to take unlimited. Those selected will begin this process by meeting with assistant director Sari Anna Thomas to create a schedule that compliments your wants and needs. We also want to make sure that you are aware of all your class possibilities before you begin. There will be flexibility within this structure, but this schedule will serve as your jumping off point.
For those that are able to begin early, we would like to integrate our new scholarships into our program as early as Sunday, June 11th. We will be looking for help with our upcoming concert and rehearsals, all which take place the week of June 11th.
For those scholarships that are willing to help us with our June Concert can enjoy an additional 2 weeks of class and can begin training as early as Monday, June 19th! So instead of receiving 5 weeks of training, it will be possible to obtain up to 7!
Each scholarship will be required to do 1 work study shift/week for 5 weeks. You will be assisting our Front Desk staff and studio manager. Once this year’s group is selected, we will all sit down together to create an overall work schedule for the summer.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Thursday, June 18: Applications become available at the studio
Monday, May 22: Applications become available online
Saturday, June 24: Applications due by 12:00pm PST
Monday, July 10: Scholarship Program officially begins.
– Opportunity to train intensely with the top instructors in Southern California.
– Build relationships
– Connect to Elevations’ dance community
– Cultivate your own personal dance community
– Possibility of scholarship getting extended based on the quality of your work throughout the summer.
BEFORE THE AUDITION:
– Take a look at your life’s schedule and our summer schedule, and make sure that this is a match for you!
- Attire: Please wear form fitted clothing that clearly shows your alignment and placement.
- Please be prepared to stay for the duration of the audition.
- We may interview some or all dancers immediately following.
- You will find out the results no later than Tuesday June 21st. Only those who are offered a scholarship will be contacted.
- You will have a personal contract with Elevation Studios.
- Regardless of your history with us, we will have a personal meeting to go over placement, class options, etc.
- We will help customize your schedule to your personal needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- You are able to take unlimited classes within the given guidelines and boundaries.
- If we feel that you embody what we consider to be an outstanding candidate, we may consider extending your contract into the fall,
– You will receive ½ off of our Annual Summer Intensive (for those that apply).
– Each dancer selected will sign a small contract acknowledging that you are aware of our guidelines and requirements.
5 CLASS MINIMUM:
– This will be in your personal contract.
– Regardless of personal contract, consistent absences will result in termination from the program.
– We will always deal directly with you. We will not communicate your program to your parents. We would only allow this kind of communication if it were a true emergency.
(INSERT THE BUTTON HERE)
COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
– Signed & completed application
– Headshot/photo of applicant only (non-returnable)
– $15 audition fee (non-refundable). Cash or check (checks payable to Elevation Studios)
– Photocopy of valid driver’s license
Once you have compiled all components to this application, you can mail, email, or hand deliver to our Front Desk. If you email us your application, we will not consider your application until we receive your $15 audition fee (either by mailing or personally dropping it off).
Email completed applications to Sari Anna: firstname.lastname@example.org
An incomplete application packet will not be considered.
For further information regarding this scholarship program,
please contact Sari Anna at either the above email or phone number.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 8:00PM PST ON FRIDAY JUNE 9TH.