TEACHER ASSISTANT PROGRAM
MISSION STATEMENT: to instill teacher training skills & qualities while also providing additional support and assistance to LV8 instructors.
Those selected for this program will be expected to demonstrate and model what is expected of all dancers inside and outside the classroom. We not only expect our assistants to be leaders in class, but outside of class as well. Another thing that we want our TA’s to be mindful of is broadening their perspective while in our building and looking out for others. Helping to create a warm, welcoming, and friendly environment for all is important for anyone who is looking to be a mentor here at our studio.
We are also looking for dancers who have a natural ability to INSPIRE and who use positive reinforcement to initiate change.
You must be at least 12 years old and in at least level 3 or in our Intermediate Teen program to qualify.
QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR:
– Able to anticipate where help will be needed – Ability to think quickly on your feet
– Leader / Role model
– Nurturing and kind
– Assist with classroom management
– Begin class warm-up at the direction of instructor
– Demonstrate technique and choreography
– Communicating w/ Front Desk during class
– Assistance w/ music
– Giving corrections and guidance on the side at the direction of instructor – Other duties as requested by instructor
– Assist dancers at our June Concert
We will be communicating to you personally. We will not communicate information to your parents. We want you to be held responsible and accountable for your position here with us.
If selected and once you are paired with your instructor, please discuss w/ them how they would like you to find a sub when you are not able to assist class. We are going to leave this up to each individual instructor.
– Receive an “Assistant” sweatshirt
– 1 group activity to help connect all assistants – Picture placed in our June Concert program
Please email all questions to email@example.com